• June 4Havre de Grace High School: Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve

Manchester Bombing: 5 Things You Should Know

Kayla Sumpter, Staff

1. Monday, May 22nd, in Manchester, England, 22 people were killed and 60 were injured when a bomb exploded after Ariana Grande’s performance. Ariana Grande was not injured but later tweets, “broken. From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words.” The arena was filled with many young people including some of their parents.

2. ISIS speaks out and claims they are responsible for the bombing that killed and injured many people. If this is true, it will be the deadliest terrorist assault in Britain since 2005. The man they believe was the attacker died at the scene but police are trying to determine if he acted alone or as a group.

3. Many children are missing and have not been found from the bombing. Many parents reach out to social media, one of the strongest media platforms, to help find their kids. #ManchesterBombing is trending as people ask for help to find their loved ones.

4. 14 men have been arrested and in custody for Britain’s worst attack in a decade. The suspects have not been identified or charged but they are all being held on suspicion of violating the terrorist act.

5. The Manchester Bombing didn’t only affect people physically but mentally as well. 7/7 survivor was found dead hours after the bombing occurred. The bombing triggered traumatic memories that he did not want to live with. He committed suicide because he “didn’t want to live in a world where terror attacks continue.”