• June 4Havre de Grace High School: Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve

Senior Athletes Commit to Colleges for Athletics

Athletes+from+the+class+of+2017+pose+with+Mr.+Reynolds+and+Mrs.+Crawford.+
Athletes from the class of 2017 pose with Mr. Reynolds and Mrs. Crawford.

Samantha Jolley, Staff

As the school year is wrapping up, some seniors have committed to play sports at a collegiate level. These athletes were asked what they were looking forward to about being on a college sports team, they answered with the following responses:

Dachelle Johnson (Lacrosse)- Delaware State University

“I can’t wait to have the chance to travel, meet new people and experience new things in college. I also look forward to becoming a better athlete and competing at a higher level.”

Hailey Emerson (Softball)- Harford Community College

“I am really looking forward to college softball because it is going to be more intense and competitive. I am looking forward to starting fresh and earning my spot. I am excited to start this new chapter of my life, I feel like college softball will help me become an even better player and person.”

Rileigh Cypher (Lacrosse)-Wesley College

I’m looking forward to playing at the next level and the commitment that comes with being a college athlete. i’m excited to be taken in as a teammate and to learn new things.”

Rachel Wilson (Lacrosse)- University of Mary Washington

“I’m excited to become a part of the UMW lacrosse family playing at a very competitive level, and making great new friends. I’m also excited to continue to learn at college!”

Ashley Burkhardt (Lacrosse)- Wilkes University

“I’m excited to be a part of a college team and play at a higher and more competitive level, and to further my education.”

Bryce McCown (Lacrosse)- Hood College

“I am looking forward to building a great relationship with my new teammates and playing at the next level. Over the next four years I want to make my coaches and family proud.”

TJ Annon (Lacrosse)- Wesley College

“Playing in college will be a good opportunity to get to play just a few more years of sports while I can. It also opens up a good way to keep steady grades and a good way to meet people.”

Mikey Flosser (Baseball)- University of Mary Washington

“I am looking forward to playing for Coach Chad’s former college coach, getting more into baseball, and furthering my education.”

Jarod Baker (Baseball)- Cecil College

“I am looking forward to continuing my career in baseball and hoping that it will help me get into a better college after my time at Cecil.”

Thomas Crites (Football)- McDaniel College

“I am looking forward to knowing a whole different group of people and playing with them. Also, I’m looking forward to playing the sport I love at a higher and more intense level.”

Terner Whitehead (Lacrosse)- Saint Mary’s College

“It is a great feeling to realize you’ve accomplished one of your lifetime goals and I can’t wait to continue my career both academically and athletically.”

These hard working athletes represent what Havre de Grace High School is all about. Congratulations and good luck to them as they move into the next stage of their education.